You are a tech hero and your ultimate goal is to ensure the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
This is what our client can offer you:
- Working with high-tech equipment accommodated with the newest sensors in an ambitious environment;
- A great salary which grows proportionally depending on your engineering and leadership skills;
- A role that is flexible and can be moulded based on your skills and creativity;
- Monthly holiday payout;
- A lot of possibility for growth within your role and the company;
- Your technical skills can be used to their fullest and you can keep evolving them;
- Combining your software and hardware skills and stay in touch with the newest tech;
- What you see is what you get: A live testing setup is available at the office.
Are you the new system administrator that we are looking for?
Administers and upholds the IT infrastructure, including the physical network as well as server applications and software. Provides technical support to internal users. Implements and maintains remote connections of the products at the customer’s site and provides support remotely. Ultimate goal is to ensure that the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- You set and maintain the R & D infrastructure (developing VM’s, CI, data storage);
- You ensure efficiency and administers/maintains security of operating systems through access controls, backup and firewalls;
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves technical problems related to network failure/integrity and usage of PC hardware and software and troubleshoots;
- Provides end user upgrades and IT solutions (servers, remote access, backups);
- Builds the internal help pages with technical documentations, procedures and IT policies;
- Develops expertise to train staff on new technologies.
The characteristics of our customer:
- Their success story is a combination of different technologies, from computer vision over electronic engineering to plant biology;
- Their technology is a unique combination of multiple scanning technologies and is used word-wide;
- Their customer base varies from university-laboratoria to the biggest players in bio-tech and crop-growers;
- They follow an informal and easy-going culture with room for fun and humour;
- On Friday afternoon the weekend is celebrated together with your colleagues;
- They are eager to learn, improve and will grow really big.
What do they expect from you?
Bachelor in Information Technology Science, Computer Science or a related field;
5+ years proven experience as a System/Network Administrator or a similar role;
Excellent Linux skills, good Windows skills;
Experience with Hyper-V, KVM, VirtualBox and VMware Player;
Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery ;
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly;
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.